Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Sea Rescue of a Leatherback Sea Turtle

(Initially I had only planned to tell about the Loggerhead Sea Turtle Nesting Program on Sanibel Island. But, as my interest has grown, I keep reading more and more about Sea Turtles. I find that everything I read is important information in order to better understand how the turtles are threatened and much about the wonderful people who are trying to help them survive. So, I decided to share some of the links to those stories here for my 'Turtle Friends' to explore. I hope you like reading them as much as I did.)


A 1,500 pound, eight-foot long, leatherback turtle that had become entangled in fishing gear and was rescued in Nantucket Sound on Friday. To read about this rather interesting adventure, go to The Vineyard Gazette.

No comments: